The following procedure is applied to all offers, unless mentioned in the text.
- The online registration period for students and staff of Hannover's universities usually starts the last week of the previous semester. Personal registrations can be done starting in the first week of the new semester. Alumnis and guests can register three or four days later. The University Sports course program begins the following week (see Termine)
- For the registration, the name, date of birth and address is required. For students, the matriculation number, and, for staff of the University, the telephone number of the registering person is required. University membership must be evidenced by documents (student or staff ID card)
- The payment of the reward in the (online) registration is made via debit authorization. The registration confirmation shown at the end of the booking process is only valid with an authorization and ID picture.
- Registrations will be accepted chronologically.
Step 1: BOOKING DIGITALE SEMESTERKARTE
Before you can book the sports courses you want to attend, you have to book the DIGITALE SEMESTERKARTE. It is a requirement for participation in the University Sports Department.
1.1 In order to register for the University Sports Department you have to book a “Digitale Semesterkarte” every semester. Go to "Sportarten A-Z" on our main navigation page and choose “SEMESTERKARTE” in the subsequent menu.
1.2 Below the information of the Semesterkarte, you can find the reservation table. The registration begins by clicking on "Buchen" (book).
1.3 Fill out the form opening in the new tab with your details. Fields which are marked with "*" are obligatory. It is also necessary for you to enter your email address in order to receive the ticket as well as stay updated on your course.
1.4 This point concerns alumni/non-residential students only; all others proceed to the next point (1.5). Afterwards you enter your account information. The payment of your Semesterkarte will be carried out a few days later by direct debit.
1.5 By booking the Semesterkarte, you agree to our entry conditions. After clicking "Weiter zur Buchung" (continue) you can check your data once again before you send off your registration.
1.6 By clicking on “Verbindlich buchen” (binding booking) you send off your registration.
1.7 By completing the booking prerequisites, you can now proceed and book a course of the sport programme. You do not need to print the Semesterkarte.
Step 2: BOOKING A COURSE (out of "ZUSATZANGEBOT")
The booking of your courses is similar to the booking of the Semesterkarte (as an example we use a judo course).
2.1 In order to find the offer, go to "Sportarten A-Z" on our main navigation page and choose “Judo” in the subsequent menu.
2.2 Below the information about the sport discipline, you can find the booking table for the different judo courses. Clicking on the green button "Buchen" (booking), you start your registration for the respective course.
2.3 Fill out the form opening in the new tab with your details. Fields which are marked with "*" are obligatory. It is also necessary for you to enter your email address in order to receive the ticket as well as stay informed on your course.
2.4 Afterwards you enter your account information. The payment of your course will be carried out a few days later by direct debit.
2.5 By booking the course, you agree to our terms and conditions. After clicking "Weiter zur Buchung" (continue) you can check your data once again before you send off your registration.
2.6 By clicking on “Verbindlich buchen” (binding booking) you send off your registration.
2.7 By completing the booking prerequisites, your booking confirmation for your course appears. Print out the booking confirmation and bring it everytime to your course. Careful, the booking confirmation is a personal confirmation and only valid with your personal ID.
Step 3: BOOKING BASISANGEBOT UND FITCARD
Almost 220 courses of the University Sports Department are free of charge for students and staff of the universities. Nevertheless the course related to BASISANGEBOT are free of charge, please register for BASISANGEBOT. The booking procedure is the same procedure mentioned above in Step 2.
In addition to this, the University Sports Department also offers with the FitCards the possibility to participate flexibly in numerous courses in the area of fitness and health, without having to set yourself on a specific course. Choose from three FitCard options (GOLD, SILBER, BRONZE) the one that suits you best. On "Sports from A-Z", you can book one of the three FitCards and participate in all courses for which the respective FitCard entitles you. The booking procedure is the same procedure mentioned above in Step 2.
The BASISANGEBOT and FitCard Bronze is for students and staff only.
Step 4: POSSIBLE ERRORS WITH THE BOOKING
Instead of the green button "buchen" (book), a red button showing "Warteliste" (waiting list) appears in the table below the course information.
In this case, the course is already fully booked. If you click on the button "Warteliste" and leave your email address, you will be informed as soon as there is an available space in the course. This may happen if, for example, one of the members withdraws from the course or the maximum entry is increased during the semester.
Please note: You will only receive an email informing you about an available space but you are not automatically signed in for the course. Please register following step 1 and 2.
- Waiting lists for full courses are drawn up from the beginning of the registration period.
- Empty spaces for courses with compulsory registration are available on the page “Freie Plätze” (empty spaces). A register form is available. The utilization of courses without compulsory registration for the basic offers has to be asked in the course (not in the office of the University Sports Department).
On the page Termine (Dates), you can see when the period of registration begins.